Exhaust Temp. dash light

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

MRJ2522
Posts:3
Joined:Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:09 pm
Exhaust Temp. dash light

Postby MRJ2522 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:36 pm

On my 1995 Jaguar XJS 4.0 Litre convertible, The Exhaust Temp. dash light is on all the time. My car battery keeps going dead. This is my first Jaguar; all this is new to me. I cannot find any information about this problem.

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Exhaust Temp. dash light

Postby davidr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi - is your car Japanese spec? I only ask because I thought that an exhaust temperature sensor was only fitted to cars for that market
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Exhaust Temp. dash light

Postby andypryce » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:41 pm

A dying battery will cause all sorts of issues, if you don’t know the age of the battery then I would either replace it or get hold of a battery load tester to check it properly. As already stated I have not heard of an exhaust temp sensor on UK spec cars, I don’t see how the 2 issues would be linked though.
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998

MRJ2522
Posts:3
Joined:Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: Exhaust Temp. dash light

Postby MRJ2522 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi - is your car Japanese spec? I only ask because I thought that an exhaust temperature sensor was only fitted to cars for that market
"Jaguarfourms.com VIN Decoder has (Manufactured By United Kingdom Jaguar Saloon And Coupe)"

MRJ2522
Posts:3
Joined:Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: Exhaust Temp. dash light

Postby MRJ2522 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:33 pm

A dying battery will cause all sorts of issues, if you don’t know the age of the battery then I would either replace it or get hold of a battery load tester to check it properly. As already stated I have not heard of an exhaust temp sensor on UK spec cars, I don’t see how the 2 issues would be linked though.
Jaguarforums.com VIN Decoder has (Manufactured By United Kingdom Jaguar Saloon And Coupe)
I went on vacation for a month and disconnected the battery.
When I hooked it back up it was fully charged.
I will get hold of a battery load tester to check it properly.

User avatar
ng4xjs

Member
Posts:477
Joined:Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Exhaust Temp. dash light

Postby ng4xjs » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:56 pm

My 1994 AJ16 was a Japanese import (back in 2008 when I bought it). It too has an Exhaust Temp light which I believe is unique to the Japanese market (happy to be proved incorrect).

Nick
1994 4.0 XJS AJ16 BRG
2009 2.2 X Type Diesel BRG
2007 4.2 X150 Silver


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest