Page 1 of 1

Aftermarket radiator xjs 3.6

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:16 am
by krakenfelt
I’ve purchased an aftermarket radiator for my 1990 3.6 auto.

However it doesn’t have the fitting to attach the transmission lines to it.

Does anyone know where I can get these parts? Do they have a specific name?

Re: Aftermarket radiator xjs 3.6

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 am
by krakenfelt
I have since fixed this by cutting off the old studs on the radiator and brazing a hollowed bolt of the correct thread for the new radiator.

Be aware when buying aftermarket radiators that you may have this issue.

Re: Aftermarket radiator xjs 3.6

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:03 pm
by Brakebuster
if you connect this up you will kill your car,,,,,

the can on the aftermarket radiator doesn't have the separate compartment inside for the transmission cooler ,

the result will be to kill the engine and the transmission by mixing coolant with ATF

BB :roll:

Re: Aftermarket radiator xjs 3.6

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:15 pm
by poprivet
I've heard of the 'Romanian Oil in Coolant Scam'

I don't know how the scam works if it's your own car though :roll:

Re: Aftermarket radiator xjs 3.6

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:44 pm
by krakenfelt
Bloody hell! Good job I broke the transmission pump when I didn’t mate the torque converter properly then.
Have you learned the hard way?

Re: Aftermarket radiator xjs 3.6

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:41 pm
by poprivet
Have you learned the hard way?
Well, an engineering degree wasn't that easy :wink:

Your existing radiator can be re-cored and pressure tested at reasonable cost and will be like new.