Suspension - Serial Number for spare parts - confusion
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:30 pm
Hi All
My car is currently in a garage having various suspension issues rectified - one of which is a very long lasting fault that has bugged me since I bought the car.
The car being in a garage has provided me with an opportunity to learn a bit more about the car - the suspension in particular - so that I go from 1% knowledge up to maybe 5%! I am still at the “what is this part called” stage - but I am getting there and understanding the car better and better is one of the true pleasures of ownership for me.
I have been looking at the SNG Barratt’s parts catalogue and noticed that the required part for the components of the Independent Front Suspension depend on what looks like a serial number:
However, the only number that I have seen on the independent front suspension on my car is as follows:
Clearly these two series of serial numbers do not tie up. Does anyone know where I can find a serial number that ties up to the series shown in the SNG Barratt parts catalogue - and even ow those relate to the serial number shown on the sticker on my car? I guess there is a similar story for the independent rear suspension?
Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!
Peter
My car is currently in a garage having various suspension issues rectified - one of which is a very long lasting fault that has bugged me since I bought the car.
The car being in a garage has provided me with an opportunity to learn a bit more about the car - the suspension in particular - so that I go from 1% knowledge up to maybe 5%! I am still at the “what is this part called” stage - but I am getting there and understanding the car better and better is one of the true pleasures of ownership for me.
I have been looking at the SNG Barratt’s parts catalogue and noticed that the required part for the components of the Independent Front Suspension depend on what looks like a serial number:
However, the only number that I have seen on the independent front suspension on my car is as follows:
Clearly these two series of serial numbers do not tie up. Does anyone know where I can find a serial number that ties up to the series shown in the SNG Barratt parts catalogue - and even ow those relate to the serial number shown on the sticker on my car? I guess there is a similar story for the independent rear suspension?
Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!
Peter