Different wheel nut sizes
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:44 pm
Bit of an odd one, this: when I got my car back from the place that repaired the bodywork, I noticed there was a wheel nut missing. I reported it and they kindly sent me a couple of replacements, however they appear to be slightly bigger than the original ones on the car.
The originals fit a 22 mm socket fairly snugly, however, the replacements are very slightly bigger and the socket won't fit.
Is there a size difference between pre-facelift and facelift cars?
I've got a box full of Austin Rover wheel nuts in my workshop, but sadly not a single 22 mm XJ-S one...
The originals fit a 22 mm socket fairly snugly, however, the replacements are very slightly bigger and the socket won't fit.
Is there a size difference between pre-facelift and facelift cars?
I've got a box full of Austin Rover wheel nuts in my workshop, but sadly not a single 22 mm XJ-S one...