I have replaced the radius arms on my facelift XJS. On the top of the radius arm there are two plastic clips that hold a wire in place (I think it is the brake pad wear sensor wire). Does anybody know the part number for this clip, I can't find it anywhere.
Thanks
Plastic clip on top of radius arm
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
-
cjnsharpe124

- Posts:42
- Joined:Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:08 pm
Re: Plastic clip on top of radius arm
I think it may be the ABS sensor cable but I still need the clips.
Re: Plastic clip on top of radius arm
Will a small cable tie work?
That's what my pre-facelift has.
That's what my pre-facelift has.
-
Jaguar5993

- Posts:134
- Joined:Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:26 pm
- Location:Petersfield
Re: Plastic clip on top of radius arm
Hi,
The nearest non Jaguar part I could find was this from Rimmer Brothers.
ABS Sensor Harness Mounting Clip - CLP8934 - Genuine
Specifications and additional product information, Rover 400/45 - All ABS fitted models
MG ZS - All ABS fitted models.
I guess you already know that your late rear ABS cable is a protected one with a 12mm rubber mounting sleeve and the fixing hole in the radius arm is 6mm.
This two pronged clip might be too wide...perhaps a deeper search might be required...good luck.
The nearest non Jaguar part I could find was this from Rimmer Brothers.
ABS Sensor Harness Mounting Clip - CLP8934 - Genuine
Specifications and additional product information, Rover 400/45 - All ABS fitted models
MG ZS - All ABS fitted models.
I guess you already know that your late rear ABS cable is a protected one with a 12mm rubber mounting sleeve and the fixing hole in the radius arm is 6mm.
This two pronged clip might be too wide...perhaps a deeper search might be required...good luck.
Nick W.
1995 XJS 6.0 V12 Coupe
1995 XJS 6.0 V12 Coupe
Re: Plastic clip on top of radius arm
Ditto my early facelift - it ties the cable by passing under the small bracket welded to the radius arm. But maybe it had been replaced before I bought the car.Will a small cable tie work?
That's what my pre-facelift has.
I happened across some wiring loom clips (I was actually looking for a hose clip for my X370) that might be relevant - simply google for "wiring loom clip" and several useful-looking items appear, and seem to be cheap.
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE
-
cjnsharpe124

- Posts:42
- Joined:Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:08 pm
Re: Plastic clip on top of radius arm
Thank you for the responses and help.
For information I think this might be the original which is currently marked as no longer available; Part No. C44778
https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#/UK ... DEX(10988)
The fixing hole on my 1995 Facelift radius arms measured 8mm diameter and try as I might I could not find an identical clip with the correct dimensions so I went with these from vehicleclips.co.uk (they are described as Honda items)
https://vehicleclips.co.uk/collections/ ... 47-se0-003
Not fitted yet but I will post if they don't work.
original Replacement Replacement
For information I think this might be the original which is currently marked as no longer available; Part No. C44778
https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#/UK ... DEX(10988)
The fixing hole on my 1995 Facelift radius arms measured 8mm diameter and try as I might I could not find an identical clip with the correct dimensions so I went with these from vehicleclips.co.uk (they are described as Honda items)
https://vehicleclips.co.uk/collections/ ... 47-se0-003
Not fitted yet but I will post if they don't work.
original Replacement Replacement
-
cjnsharpe124

- Posts:42
- Joined:Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:08 pm
Re: Plastic clip on top of radius arm
To finish off I can confirm these worked fine on my 1995 XJS Facelift.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest