Hi all,
Following on from refurbishing my '83 HE front suspension and steering, I have fitted poly bushes to the steering rack.
I have found upon reassembly, that the reinforcing bracket do not slide easily over the bushes.
Just in case I have got it wrong, the bracket fits on the drivers side with the thick end of the bracket upwards. Is this correct?
Also, is the bracket required? There were no instructions in the bush kit!
Many thanks in advance,
Mitch
Steering rack reinforcing bracket
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Re: Steering rack reinforcing bracket
Mitch - do you mean this assembly?
Re: Steering rack reinforcing bracket
Hi,
Yes, it is item 1 on the diagram.
I have trial installed the bracket with the 'thicker' walled section uppermost.
Is this correct? I have also deleted the shims as I understand that the poly bushes do not require them?
Thanks in advance,
Mitch
Yes, it is item 1 on the diagram.
I have trial installed the bracket with the 'thicker' walled section uppermost.
Is this correct? I have also deleted the shims as I understand that the poly bushes do not require them?
Thanks in advance,
Mitch
Re: Steering rack reinforcing bracket
If all else fails, I will remove the extra bonded washer and fit it without. 
Re: Steering rack reinforcing bracket
I removed the washer to reduce the bracket thickness as it was too wide with the poly bushes.
As you can see it now fits perfectly!
As you can see it now fits perfectly!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
