Page 1 of 1
Injector service kits ?
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:24 pm
by cya266x
I need to take the injectors off my 1982 HE for maintenance/checking and the manual says always replace the o-rings. Does anyone know where I can get new o-rings or service kits for them?
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:14 am
by Mark_B
You can get generic o-rings from rs components,
http://rswww.com they come in 2 main types viton and neoprene
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:10 pm
by cya266x
Thanks Mark. I wish I had the confidence to figure out the spec for these o-rings as I will save a small fortune buying them this way. In the mean time I'm still trying to find parts from Bosch Dealers, though I'm getting a pretty standard reply "don't sell the o-rings, you need to buy new injectors". I'm getting tired of telling them I need 12! (though I have had a price of £54 per injector from one of them, I thought that was a pretty good deal if you really need new injectors).
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:47 am
by Mark_B
What I tend to do when I need o rings is check my viton 'o ring kit' (with most common sizes) first, if it's a size I haven't got, I'll order all sizes similar so as to hedge my bets on getting the right size in the order. Viton are cheaper than neoprene, but the latter are expensive have a higher spec and may be needed for some applications. O-ring sizes are either imperial or metric so that might mean more hedge-betting.
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:59 am
by nigel1
Try this outfit
http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/index.htm
If he's in a good and charitable mood, he may tell you a source for the O Rings.
I have recently had my injectors cleaned and tested by them, they came back with new O rings, pintle caps and filters
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:23 pm
by cya266x
Just a quick update on this. I found the seals at David Manners, 70p each. I decided to get the injectors cleaned after reading about how these can be 20-30% down on flow etc. The guys above (injectorcleaning.co) did a great job and really fast turn round.
Finally, I'm delighted to say that the tickover is really smooth. hope the fuel consumptionis better also.
Many thanks for your help and advice.
One happy easter bunny.
Re: Injector service kits ?
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:17 am
by SFCable
Great information which really proved helpful and the links are really useful. Can be helpful to the new users too so need to study it fully and then have a view of other.