I believe there was a recall in the late '80s to replace the fuel tanks. I've noticed some are painted black and some green. Does anyone know if the colour was related to the tank change, to easily recognise if it had been replaced?
Pop
Fuel tank recall
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Evenin,
I have two XJ-S's, the v12 of '87 vintage shows a fuel tank 'mod' done in '91 under the campaign number of R351. This car has a black fuel tank.
The other car is an '88 3.6 and has no shuch record in the service book and has a light green tank. It also stinks of fuel!
Hope this is of some use..
Ralph.
I have two XJ-S's, the v12 of '87 vintage shows a fuel tank 'mod' done in '91 under the campaign number of R351. This car has a black fuel tank.
The other car is an '88 3.6 and has no shuch record in the service book and has a light green tank. It also stinks of fuel!
Hope this is of some use..
Ralph.
Fuel tank Recalls
I believe that the re-calls were not on the tanks, but on the breather system which was prone to pressurising.
Tanks are well prone to rotting out from the inside, as are Swirl Tanks (under the battery box) as I'm sure you are only too aware
This floods the rubber tank mat ( under the tank) and results in fuel smells forever.
Only solution, I think is to replace the leaking tank, and if neccesary the mat, I have a good rubber mat if you need it
Hope this helps you
Best Wishes
DH Dove
Tanks are well prone to rotting out from the inside, as are Swirl Tanks (under the battery box) as I'm sure you are only too aware
Only solution, I think is to replace the leaking tank, and if neccesary the mat, I have a good rubber mat if you need it
Hope this helps you
Best Wishes
DH Dove
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
