plastic bezels

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

Andover59
Posts:44
Joined:Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:08 pm
Location:Surrey
plastic bezels

Postby Andover59 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:05 pm

has anyone tried swapping out the front window bezels on a pre facelift convertible. I have removed the screws internally but don't seem able to bake it loose?
Cheers
1991 Jaguar XJ-S V12 5.3 Convertible

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: plastic bezels

Postby poprivet » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:04 pm

I really would like to help, but I don't have any idea about what part you are describing. :shock:

Andover59
Posts:44
Joined:Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:08 pm
Location:Surrey

Re: plastic bezels

Postby Andover59 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 pm

I really would like to help, but I don't have any idea about what part you are describing. :shock:
Hi thanks,
Yes I was struggling.....to elaborate, its t5he small plastic (black) triangle part behind the door mirror as you look at the car, I need to add that I have a convertible as I am not sure if the coupe has the same part.

One side on my car is fine but the drivers door side is just looking tatty, I spotted a replacement on ebay but it seems more difficult to replace than io thought.....?
Cheers
Roy
1991 Jaguar XJ-S V12 5.3 Convertible

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Re: plastic bezels

Postby Brakebuster » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:15 pm

its called a ' cheater plate '

and with the screws removed is clipped in , and requires a tug to remove it

they usually have some black sticky goo holding them on as well

BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

Andover59
Posts:44
Joined:Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:08 pm
Location:Surrey

Re: plastic bezels

Postby Andover59 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:38 pm

its called a ' cheater plate '

and with the screws removed is clipped in , and requires a tug to remove it

they usually have some black sticky goo holding them on as well

BB
Thanks, that will explain why it didnt seem to come away. I'm guessing a large blade screw driver as a lever might help. I will give it a go next time I am in the garage,....
Thanks again,
R
1991 Jaguar XJ-S V12 5.3 Convertible


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest