Page 1 of 1

Rear number plate lamps and lenses

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:33 pm
by Andover59
Hi all,
If its not too much of a liberty to ask could someone who has a manual take a snapshot of the section that covers removal of these as I dont seem able to get to one pair of the screws that hold this in place. At first glance it looks simple but.....

Help sincerely appreciated,
roy

Re: Rear number plate lamps and lenses

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:58 pm
by PaulGover
Hi all,
If its not too much of a liberty to ask could someone who has a manual take a snapshot of the section that covers removal of these as I dont seem able to get to one pair of the screws that hold this in place. At first glance it looks simple but.....

Help sincerely appreciated,
roy
There's no rocket science, BUT they only fit in one way round, as the holes are just a little off-centre.

The exact words from the manual:
"Disconnect the battery.
Undo and remove the lamp securing screws.
Displace assembly from aperture.
Disconnect wires from lamp.
...
To fit a new lens is a reversal of the removal procedure."

Re: Rear number plate lamps and lenses

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:52 pm
by Andover59
Hi all,
If its not too much of a liberty to ask could someone who has a manual take a snapshot of the section that covers removal of these as I dont seem able to get to one pair of the screws that hold this in place. At first glance it looks simple but.....

Help sincerely appreciated,
roy
There's no rocket science, BUT they only fit in one way round, as the holes are just a little off-centre.

The exact words from the manual:
"Disconnect the battery.
Undo and remove the lamp securing screws.
Displace assembly from aperture.
Disconnect wires from lamp.

Hi Paul and thanks,
You seem to describe the two screw lens which I have located details for but what I seem to have however is a four screw arrangement lens, (why it couldnt just be like the reverse light lens I dont know !!). Any how after several searches it seems I need to remove the tail gate trim to get to two of these so problem almost solved, (I have yet to get round to doing the actual job itself :oops: ).
Cheers
Roy
...
To fit a new lens is a reversal of the removal procedure."