It came with a crack in the lower front OS edge. On inspection after removal it's had a repair. Must have caught a kerb.
I asked a bloke on Ebay who was breaking one if he had the front bumper.
His reply came as no surprise " Could have sold fifty" Are these bumper spoilers (ie the whole plastic bumper) so in demand?
At over £500 from Jaguar I expect a good second hand one makes sense.
There is a company on Ebay doing big bumper copies of late TWR bumper spoilers. However these look the same but differ in a couple of respects the main being the chrome is missing/ not used.
I like my chrome and I'd have to buy the rear so as the two matched as the current rear matches the chrome on the front.
My other option is to have a fibreglass copy of an original. You need a good one to start with. That said if there is enough interest a mould and short run would be feasible.
You need to sell at least 10 to 15 to break even because it's about a £1000 to do the mould and run. The more you do the cheaper it gets.
A carefully used mould could make 50 or more items.
Let me know what the general concensus is, I may be tempted to get a mould made.
Fiatson
