Page 1 of 1

Bonnet gas struts

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:52 pm
by poprivet
A couple of years ago I had the ABS accumulator sphere re-charged by Pleiades and an excellent job they did too. Looking at their website recently I notice that they are able to re-charge certain gas struts. I haven't spoken to them so I can't give a price or even if they can repair Jaguar ones but if you need some replacements it may be worth you contacting them considering the cost of new ones.
http://www.pleiades.uk.com/
Pop

Bonet struts

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:20 am
by apax
Hi, In case it helps anyone whose bonnet keeps falling on them like mine used to(!), I found brand new struts on Ebay from 'Jags of Bursledon'. I have used this company 2 or 3 times without any problems. The 'Buy it now' price for the struts was £30 including postage. I considered this very reasonable and an absolute doddle to fit too. Cheers, Archie.

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:00 am
by Mark_B
Hey have you ever noticed on the new gas strut there's a message on it that says 'danger do not expose to heat' and here they are in the engine bay! Doh!