Page 1 of 1
Facelift chrome grille strip
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:02 pm
by legless
My 1993 Insignia looks great now I've had the bonnet stone chips dealt with except for the chrome strip along the top of the grille. It's pitted at either end - it looks a bit like continuous erosion from acid rain. Looking at other XJSs this appears to be a common problem. It looks fairly easy to remove the chrome bit from the grille by bending the locating tags back. My question is 'has anybody been able to have it successfully rechromed, and if so where and how much?'
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:07 pm
by Telsmoneypit
There have been a good few facelift grilles with the chrome strip on ebay recently so it would probably be cheaper to go that route rather than get the strip rechromed.
BTW, you're not 'floppy' from the JWM site are you?
Terry
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:02 am
by legless
Terry,
No, I'm not floppy!!! I bought a grille off ebay - when it arrived, despite reassurances from the seller, it was worse than the one I'd got! That's why I thought I would see if rechroming might be an option.
Nick