Page 1 of 1

Pin striping

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:36 pm
by Shaun
Hi,
Can anyone point me to where I can buy new pin striping tape? My pre HE XJ-S has just had a rear wing resprayed and I need to replace the gold double line pin stripe to match the rest of the car.

Thanks

Re: Pin striping

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:33 pm
by almcl
Jaguar Classic Parts have it, although not all the colours are available.

It's referred to on their website as coachline rather than pinstripe, if that helps?

Re: Pin striping

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:17 pm
by Shaun
Thanks for the tip Al, I never thought of searching for coachlines. I just need to work out what shade the original stripes are! :D

Re: Pin striping

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:01 pm
by dhdove
Shaun

The XJS parts manual (1975-1991) has a colour illustration in the front of all the coach lines and part number by panel, If you provide details of year and VIN I should be able to work it out. If it's pre HE and " gold" then it's probably a thick stripe and a thin stripe in either "pale bronze" or "gold leaf".
Do be aware that many of these coach lines are now no longer available OEM so don't get your hopes up.......however I think some aftermarket ones are still available, a search on the BB may well provide a result once you have them identified.

Best
TonyS

PS it is well worth sourcing a parts manual from eBay etc as it is an invaluable resource. JHM 1163, may still be available from JDHT but possibly not in hard copy and I don't know if the CD Rom has the frontespiece illustrations ( paint colours, coach lines and interior trims).

Re: Pin striping

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:24 pm
by 555ttg
For what it's worth, I have a copy of the parts catalogue OEM for the pre-HE cars, that I would let go for a King's ransom!
If you're interested PM me.

Re: Pin striping

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm
by JaguarMike
Hi Shaun, when I had my car resprayed, a local firm matched the original probably non-OE thin stripes on my car perfectly. I understand they can match most things so if you are struggling let me know and I'll dig out their name.