The reason for my question is I had a guy look at doing a small mark on the bumper and he insisted he would have to lacquer it after painting.
Signal Red Paintwork
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Can anyone tell me if signal red non metallic paint requires a lacquer coat after painting? I know metallic's do but I thought solid colours did not.
The reason for my question is I had a guy look at doing a small mark on the bumper and he insisted he would have to lacquer it after painting.
The reason for my question is I had a guy look at doing a small mark on the bumper and he insisted he would have to lacquer it after painting.
Michael
Current
Jaguar XK8 4.2S Convertible
2013 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Polaris Ranger
T6.1 VW Campervan
Current
Jaguar XK8 4.2S Convertible
2013 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Polaris Ranger
T6.1 VW Campervan
Signal Red Paintwork
Yes it will need a clear laquer over the colour coat. My last XJ-S was a 1990 3.6 in signal red and it had this newer paint which is supposed to be environmentally freindly. The colour coat is water based and the finish is quite dull and not weatherproof. The laquer is UV cured and is dry in about 5 mins under a lamp. Even if it did have old nitrocellulose? paint, for small areas or "S.M.A.R.T."(I have forgotten what this stands for!) repairs they would still use the newer system.
'93 4.0 Auto Coupe Flamenco Red.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
