BEC8982

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

simondmill504

Member
Posts:16
Joined:Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:48 pm
BEC8982

Postby simondmill504 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:09 pm

Hi

Seems I need a BEC8982, door lock clip. Anyone got or know of one they don't want.

Seriously thinking of getting a 3D printer, whatever they are!!

Simon

PaulGover

Member
Posts:824
Joined:Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location:Near Banbury, England

Re: BEC8982

Postby PaulGover » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:22 am

They're probably pretty standard - I doubt Jaguar were making their own door lock mechanisms by the time of the XJS.
A web search on "door lock rod clip" throws up lots of examples: 3d printed, real metal, take your pick. I expect the Land Rover ones most likely to fit....
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE

User avatar
ng4xjs

Member
Posts:477
Joined:Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: BEC8982

Postby ng4xjs » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:13 pm

In a moment of idle interweb-surfing came across this at 39.27 Euros at Herman (Jaguar-Teile.de), This was the link I found;

https://www.jaguar-shop.com/epages/6241 ... %2FBEC8982

Hope this helps.
Nick
1994 4.0 XJS AJ16 BRG
2009 2.2 X Type Diesel BRG
2007 4.2 X150 Silver

PaulGover

Member
Posts:824
Joined:Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location:Near Banbury, England

Re: BEC8982

Postby PaulGover » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:53 am

I hope that's solid gold at that price!
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests