Rear Boot Gas Strut supplier

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

Jaguar5993

Member
Posts:134
Joined:Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:26 pm
Location:Petersfield
Rear Boot Gas Strut supplier

Postby Jaguar5993 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi,
I need front bonnet and rear boot gas struts for my 1995 6.0 coupe.
I have no connection with this SGS engineering company, but found out by accident, whilst looking for some garage workshop equipment, that they manufacture them and they seem to sell them for some other Jaguars (see website)
I haven't actually checked yet if they sell the later model XJS,front bonnet locking gas struts.
For £16 each, they seem good(?)
I hope this helps.

Product Description
A single Jaguar XJR, XJS boot gas strut with a 2 year warranty and new fixings. Replaces part number(s) 5526AS.
UK Made - not a cheap imitation from the Far East or EU.
We recommend always replacing struts as a pair to keep the force even between them - often replacing just one strut causes the older strut to fail soon after. This is because even if an old strut hasn’t totally failed, it will have lost pressure and matching it with a new strut will cause unequal forces between the two struts, side loading and premature failure of both struts.
• 30 years manufacturing experience
• 2 YEAR WARRANTY
• In stock & ready to ship for next day delivery
• Heavy duty industrial grade gas struts
• Includes simple to follow fitting instructions
• Need help? Call our team on 01332 576 850
XJS boot struts.jpg
Nick W.
1995 XJS 6.0 V12 Coupe

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Rear Boot Gas Strut supplier

Postby ptjs1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:05 pm

Nick,

I heard some reasonably good comments about the SGS struts on another Jaguar Forum. But I don't THINK they do a locking one. Definitely worth checking first. As you know only one of the struts us a locking one.

As regards boot struts, Jaguar made 2 different sorts, a stronger one being available if a boot spoiler was fitted. They are both still available, the standard one about £17, the stronger one about £30.

Cheers

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests