Page 1 of 1

PHU41R Restoration - part 5 - body off

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:56 pm
by iRS
This is the story of PHU41R continued from: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10608

Its been a long time since I posted any updates. Some work has been going on in the background, though much of my 'garage time' has been spent on the other cars. I will aim to get uptodate over the next little while.

The next thing I did after the last series of photos was to strip out the boot and remove the petrol tank.
IMG_0079.JPG
The tank seems in good enough condition to reuse. Does anyone know what colour the green paint is?

The battery area is badly corroded.
IMG_0075 copy.jpg

....as is every other part of the boot
IMG_0074 copy.jpg

Re: PHU41R Restoration - part 5 - body off

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:58 pm
by iRS
These bits went off for powder coating. This is something I am very good at: sending dirty parts off for someone else to clean up and paint....
IMG_0081 copy.jpg
Next, I removed the front wings:
IMG_0150 copy.jpg

Re: PHU41R Restoration - part 5 - body off

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:00 pm
by iRS
I then dropped the suspension. This was reasonably easy and I was able to use the 2 poster to lift the body and leave the front and back suspension on the floor.

Front:
IMG_0151 copy.jpg
Rear:
IMG_0152 copy.jpg

Re: PHU41R Restoration - part 5 - body off

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:08 pm
by iRS
At some point in the spring of 2016 I managed to buy a rotisserie jig off someone reasonably local off Gumtree. So, I then trial fitted the body shell to it and was then able to move the body from one bit of the garage to another.
IMG_0154 copy.jpg
IMG_0156 copy.jpg
Some time, a lot later after I had ordered some box section, I made some adapters to mount the body shell, using the suspension mounting points, to the bottom part of the jig, so that it is mobile on rollers, but also supported at the strongest points.
IMG_0309 copy.jpg

Continued at: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12286