Page 1 of 1

Should've gone to S̶p̶e̶c̶s̶a̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ Halfords!

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:00 pm
by poprivet
My number plates had de-laminated, water getting behind the front plastic and looking poor so I decided to change them. The old plates were from the main dealer many years ago, had a nice discreet green border and a leaping cat motif so looked really good.

I didn't fancy plates with Halfords written on them so ordered new ones from the local Jaguar dealer. I was a bit disappointed to see they were completely plain apart from the dealer postcode, they don't supply any with a border or leaper anymore. They cost twice what Halfords plates would have been. No JEC discount either, they only give that for car parts. :(

Re: Should've gone to S̶p̶e̶c̶s̶a̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ Halfords!

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:27 pm
by Brakebuster
why didn't you use good old ebay ?

half the cost , and no need for proof of ownership , and i use them on all my cars , and you have almost any picture and border combination

the last lot cost me 9.99 for a pair....posted

BB

Re: Should've gone to S̶p̶e̶c̶s̶a̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ Halfords!

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:36 pm
by poprivet
Aye, hindsight 'tis wonderful :cry:

Maybe it will help someone else making the same mistake.

Re: Should've gone to S̶p̶e̶c̶s̶a̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ Halfords!

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:03 pm
by NEIL1968
I had the same thing last year for my XJR-S My car was originally from Swain & jones with
both Jaguar & Daimler motifs on them. Got in touch with them as I wanted the same as the old plates but they said they could only put the dealers name on them now and nothing else, law has changed. Lot cheaper than Halfords though!

Re: Should've gone to S̶p̶e̶c̶s̶a̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ Halfords!

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:59 pm
by Tintin
Try "Plates For Cars". You can choose your own font, border and lettering (but the leaping cat logo isn't in the database). I had a nice pair made to include the font correct "Jaguar Cars Ltd".

Robbie