XJS Rear Trailing Arm Suspension Mounting Measurements

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

jmgtaylor
Posts:33
Joined:Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:39 am
Location:North Yorkshire
XJS Rear Trailing Arm Suspension Mounting Measurements

Postby jmgtaylor » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi I am welding an area on my 89 XJS V12 coupe that looks like it has had a couple of bodged repairs. Consequently I need to know what the distance is between centres of the two bolts where the radius arms mount to the body near the two jacking points so I can repair properly.
Its just the distance apart - I am happy I know the distance from the bulkhead.
Alternatively a bodywork diagram with key measurements on it would be good
Is anyone able to measure for me or have a drawing?
thanks in anticipation.
1970 Jaguar E type OTS
1971 Triumph Stag
2006 Saab 9-5 Aero Hot

MT

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: XJS Rear Trailing Arm Suspension Mounting Measurements

Postby poprivet » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:05 pm

There is a good diagram in the service manual under the Body section, page 76-3
Unfortunately I don't have a scanner at the moment, maybe someone else can help.

However, I think you are asking for the distance between radius arm mountings, which is shown as 112.06 cm (44.14 in)

jmgtaylor
Posts:33
Joined:Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:39 am
Location:North Yorkshire

Re: XJS Rear Trailing Arm Suspension Mounting Measurements

Postby jmgtaylor » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Thanks poprivet thats sounds the right measurement. Ive looked in my repair manual at that section but cant find any rear suspension values so would really appreciate a photopcopy or even a picture of it. Have gone through the manual page by page so i must have a different version of it than you've got i got a late version so i had the abs details so perhaps they took that important info out who knows;-)
1970 Jaguar E type OTS
1971 Triumph Stag
2006 Saab 9-5 Aero Hot

MT

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: XJS Rear Trailing Arm Suspension Mounting Measurements

Postby poprivet » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:32 pm

I uploaded a high res photo of the page which you can download at http://s11.photobucket.com/user/poprive ... s.jpg.html and print off.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests