Windscreen hell resolved, there is a way!!!

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

mark.ellington589

Member
Posts:13
Joined:Fri Jan 03, 2025 12:29 pm
Location:Aberdeen
Windscreen hell resolved, there is a way!!!

Postby mark.ellington589 » Fri May 09, 2025 11:40 am

I posted last month to inform the community that there is a serious issue with early facelift windscreens. The supply chain shows there is stock scattered around however they are all wrong, they are in fact series 3 screen and they are larger and don’t fit. I spend weeks on this subject and couldn’t find a screen anywhere in the world. This left 2 options…(1) order one from Pinkington (quoted delivery 16-20 weeks) this was a disaster to me as it would mean the car would spend the entire summer off the road or (2) make one! The below link is to a video I made on how I took a series 3 screen and altered it to fit. Hopefully others may find this useful. BTW I also ordered a screen and I will keep this as a spare however today I am a happy puppy because it’s in and fitted and according to the fitter it was millimetre perfect :D (which I’m sure was a combination of skill and a huge dollop of luck haha)

https://youtu.be/6WoCQforJaw?si=ppDNtPwsaU1qYimB

Mark

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests