Page 1 of 1
Replacing brake hoses
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:57 am
by rsharpe
I am due for a service at 5 years and 53K miles. Jaguar recommend new flexible brake hoses. Does anyone know a specific rationale for this? Generally we replace them if we see any leakage - I have never known this as a scheduled item? Feels to me that although there is a tenuous safety reason if feels unnecessary, wasteful and expensive!
Re: Replacing brake hoses
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:48 pm
by mike020150
Other than it being generally good practice to replace flexible hoses periodically, I can't say I have come across anything specific about the F-pace which makes it more important to change the flexies at 5 years. I would be more inclined to change any standard 'rubber' flexy for a braided version simply to gain improved brake pedal feel. Mike.
Re: Replacing brake hoses
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:37 pm
by rsharpe
Thanks Mike, I'll look into those braided hoses.