Message centre
Moderators:jBlackwell, mike020150
- sportbrake

- Posts:55
- Joined:Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:08 pm
- Location:Norfolk
Hi - I have recently bought a 2017 MY F Pace and have amber warning notice come up on dash (In control Pro) telling me to refer to the message centre. I appreciate I am not a brain surgeon, but I cannot see how to access the message centre. The handbook has many references to the message centre, but does not say to access it. Advice appreciated please. Thank you.
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Message centre
I confess I'm not familiar with the F-Pace specifically but Jaguar's usual methodology, on other models, is that the general warning and information message lamp (amber) illuminates when a non-critical warning message, or an information message, is available in the instrument panel.
In other words, to accompany an amber lamp, there should be an accompanying message already showing in the panel containing the instruments. It might say something like low washer fluid, low fuel, check tyres, top up oil or something similarly not immediately critical. You shouldn't have to go looking elsewhere for it. Some of the vehicle's optional functions also use amber warnings, things like DSC (off) or the auto speed limiter and the progress control system. Is it possible someone has accidentally engaged/disengaged one of these functions? Mike.
In other words, to accompany an amber lamp, there should be an accompanying message already showing in the panel containing the instruments. It might say something like low washer fluid, low fuel, check tyres, top up oil or something similarly not immediately critical. You shouldn't have to go looking elsewhere for it. Some of the vehicle's optional functions also use amber warnings, things like DSC (off) or the auto speed limiter and the progress control system. Is it possible someone has accidentally engaged/disengaged one of these functions? Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
- sportbrake

- Posts:55
- Joined:Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:08 pm
- Location:Norfolk
Re: Message centre
Thank you. The message I received said 'AES initialised'. I could find no other info so switched it off. I have now sussed the message centre, but can see nothing to tell me about the indicated problem. Chris
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Message centre
I wonder whether it said 'AEB' rather than 'AES' initialised? When the vehicle’s ignition is first switched on, AEB may require an initialisation period before it is fully functional. In this state, a message is displayed in the instrument panel. During this period, the efficiency of AEB is limited. Modern Jaguars allow you switch AEB (automatic emergency braking) on or off via the assistance menus. Perhaps it needed to initialise after the setting was altered? The system operates using cameras above the rear view mirror and relies upon a clean windscreen so it's possible that badly placed windscreen stickers or dirt can upset the system. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
- sportbrake

- Posts:55
- Joined:Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:08 pm
- Location:Norfolk
Re: Message centre
Thank you for your help.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest