Page 1 of 1
Ahead of the game
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:41 pm
by lowebird
Crikey chaps,
The paint is hardly dry on the prototypes and here we have a site for it. Well done, however I wonder how many will be bought in the UK compared to the target market which I think is China.
Reg
Re: Ahead of the game
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:33 pm
by ptjs1
Reg,
As the motoring audience now seems quite fickle and not as brand-loyal as in previous generations, I hope there'll be some Qashqai, Touraeg and Q5 owners who migrate to F-Pace!
Paul
Re: Ahead of the game
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:11 am
by mike020150
It may be a bit early yet to hear how the F-Pace is behaving but the bulletin board is about all Jaguars so, I'm sure other members will agree, we need to be ready for it (anyone fancy being the F-Pace Coordinator? Give me a call). After all, how many times have any of us cursed that a Jaguar boot or back seat hasn't been big enough for a domestic carrying task? For example, I remember being unable to get a new 26" old style TV in the boot of an X300 or inside the car. The F-Pace should be the answer to our prayers. Jaguar certainly thinks so! Given a couple of years, I reckon the F-Pace will grace many an enthusiast's drive alongside an E or F-Type. Mike.
Re: Ahead of the game
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:09 pm
by barrywi
I couldnt get my 32 inch old style telly into my XJ x-350 boot ,but it did not matter as I couldnt even lift it!
Re: Ahead of the game
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:34 pm
by jeff1954
I think the marque is going to lose its image, what with four cyl diesels and now 4x4s. I sat in a an XE a few weeks ago and without the Jaguar emblem on the steering wheel I could have been in a Toyota or a Hiundi if thats how you spell it.
Jeff
Re: Ahead of the game
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:35 am
by mike020150
With sales of conventional shaped saloons falling in all market sectors, Jaguar had to do something new. It was never going to be able to rely on sports cars to keep it in business. The volumes sold are simply too small. Porsche and Lamborghini belong to VW and Ferrari to Fiat (FCA). Even Aston Martin is cosying up to Mercedes Benz to share technologies in the hope of making money in the future. Only time will tell whether Jaguar has opted for the right way forward. Mike.
Re: Ahead of the game
Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:11 am
by kaspa
Hello Chaps
I have ordered a F Pace .. trust me a great machine, and if it keeps Jaguar in business and UK workers employed .. surely that's a good thing

Re: Ahead of the game
Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:43 am
by mike020150
It will be good to hear what you think of it when it arrives and you have had a chance to assess it in daily operation. Mike.