Configurable Dynamics

Moderator:JohninBham

User avatar
timedwards
Posts:95
Joined:Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:02 pm
Location:Dudley, West Midlands
Configurable Dynamics

Postby timedwards » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi everyone

I am looking at the R-Dynamic Black. The salesman says his has 19 inch wheels (which I must admit look very nice) and is a very comfortable ride which he claims soaks up any bumps. I am trying to get that sporty look but with comfort too and nice though he is, he is after all being paid to sell cars. Can anyone comment on the ride quality and what are your thoughts on the 'configurable dynamics' option? Is this worth adding or is it unnecessary and just something to go wrong with little benefit?

Thanks Tim
XE R-Sport (25t) petrol - daily driver

X330 Daimler Six
Still a work in progress!

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Configurable Dynamics

Postby mike020150 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:55 am

I am sure Jaguar or your salesman wouldn't thank me for my opinion but I suspect the overwhelming number of buyers play with extras, like configurable dynamics, during the first few days of ownership and then never go back to them ever again! It may be difficult, right now due to Covid, however there's only one failsafe way of answering your question. Go and drive a suitably equipped car in order to make your decision. The differences available through configurable dynamics aren't huge although you may find they tip the balance for you. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

User avatar
timedwards
Posts:95
Joined:Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:02 pm
Location:Dudley, West Midlands

Re: Configurable Dynamics

Postby timedwards » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:15 pm

I am inclined to agree with you Mike about fancy options. No chance of a test drive at the moment though with showrooms closed. The option is only £150 so not expensive but I am not even sure how it works. There is adpative and configurable so I presume the dampers are different to allow for firming up and visa versa. He is claiming the ride is smoother in the R-Dynamic than the S (which I have now) without either of these options. Unless someone on here has experience of this option and says it is worth it I will not bother. If I do go through I am opting for the Meridian sound system though. The S is a great car and very enjoyable to drive. The only two small niggles for me are the very slightly too firm ride (although this is a personal thing) and the standard sound system is not all that great and I do like my jazz in the car, much to the annoyance of my wife!
XE R-Sport (25t) petrol - daily driver

X330 Daimler Six
Still a work in progress!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest