Cooling system failure
Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:30 pm
Hi,
I know this is in the wrong section, but I cannot create a new topic in the cooling system section. Please could a moderator shift it? Thanks
Just thought I would share my experience with fellow f type owners so they are aware of the issues.
I had a plastic coolant pipe break in the week. I have a 2015, 3l, v6, 340bhp f type with 65000 miles on the clock.
It was part number T2R5910, a £20 part, cheap for a Jaguar part.
https://picclick.co.uk/Jaguar-hose-T2R5 ... 28644.html
It caused a huge and very worrying plume of steam (looking very much like smoke) out of the back. No over heating, but I did stop pretty quickly.
Jaguar \assistance sent an AA man who patched up the brittle pipe, that broke again whilst he was fixing it and I limped home, I hope I have not done any more damage to the engine.
Anyway, replacing the pipe was simple, once I had found the part number and a garage that stocked it, and a test drive went ok until I got the low coolant message again. No plume of steam this time, just a little, but it was a wet road and difficult to tell the difference between a little steam and spray.
So this time, Jaguar assistance had the car taken to the main dealer for a proper fix under the warranty.
I don't know the extent of the issue yet, but a word of warning to everyone, the plastic pipes on the cooling system of v6, 3l engines become very brittle and break. I would check them regularly. Or even have them replaced at regular intervals. The one I had to replace was cheap and simple to change.
I imagine that there must be others on the engine as there is still an issue with mine, so if anyone can advise on these, I am sure everyone would be grateful.
Fingers crossed that I have not done any lasting damage.
Dave
I know this is in the wrong section, but I cannot create a new topic in the cooling system section. Please could a moderator shift it? Thanks
Just thought I would share my experience with fellow f type owners so they are aware of the issues.
I had a plastic coolant pipe break in the week. I have a 2015, 3l, v6, 340bhp f type with 65000 miles on the clock.
It was part number T2R5910, a £20 part, cheap for a Jaguar part.
https://picclick.co.uk/Jaguar-hose-T2R5 ... 28644.html
It caused a huge and very worrying plume of steam (looking very much like smoke) out of the back. No over heating, but I did stop pretty quickly.
Jaguar \assistance sent an AA man who patched up the brittle pipe, that broke again whilst he was fixing it and I limped home, I hope I have not done any more damage to the engine.
Anyway, replacing the pipe was simple, once I had found the part number and a garage that stocked it, and a test drive went ok until I got the low coolant message again. No plume of steam this time, just a little, but it was a wet road and difficult to tell the difference between a little steam and spray.
So this time, Jaguar assistance had the car taken to the main dealer for a proper fix under the warranty.
I don't know the extent of the issue yet, but a word of warning to everyone, the plastic pipes on the cooling system of v6, 3l engines become very brittle and break. I would check them regularly. Or even have them replaced at regular intervals. The one I had to replace was cheap and simple to change.
I imagine that there must be others on the engine as there is still an issue with mine, so if anyone can advise on these, I am sure everyone would be grateful.
Fingers crossed that I have not done any lasting damage.
Dave