Page 1 of 1

Tarox brakes

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:23 pm
by ianoliver57
I have a 2021 F Type R Dynamic P450 AWD. I am considering a brake upgrade to a set of Tarox discs and pads. The new discs are approx 4.5k lighter than the standard Jag discs. Question is, has anyone on here used them? They got a very good write up in the mag by Swallows but comment from someone who already has them would be useful as they are rather expensive! Any thoughts?

Re: Tarox brakes

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:56 pm
by Andy P
Hi Ian,
The only review I could find relating to the Tarox disc's and pads is this one:
https://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/forums/t ... ew-so-far/
It's on the Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ Drivers Club Forum,although it's from 2017 you might find it helpful.
Take care.
Andy.

Re: Tarox brakes

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:43 am
by ianoliver57
Thanks for the info Andy. I think that review was more for track based use. They are expensive, but, I think almost anything would be better than the standard Jag brakes. I’m not proposing new callipers. The guys at Swallows thought the new discs and pads would be fine for fast road use without changing callipers. Check bank balance and decide!

Regards. Ian.