Hi all,
Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get a new/replacement pulley arm assembly for my 1978 XJS 5.3 V12? I believe the part number is EAC8097 but new ones seem to be unobtainable.
Several websites offer them but when I have placed orders they have eventually come back to say the part is no longer available.
The pulley bearing on my one no longer runs smoothly and causes a whine when the engine is running.
Thanks
Shaun
Pulley arm
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Re: Pulley arm
A second hand one might be your best bet.
They weren't just fitted to the XJS, either. The V12 saloons had them, too.
Have you tried the usual suspects? (Eurojags, Grublogger, David Kelley &c)
They weren't just fitted to the XJS, either. The V12 saloons had them, too.
Have you tried the usual suspects? (Eurojags, Grublogger, David Kelley &c)
Al McL
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake
Re: Pulley arm
Hi Shaun,
I have a '73 xj12 saloon with four fan belts. I believe the pulley you are refering to is the one that acts as a tensioner for the Air Con pump. It is where the air pump was mounted for EGR systems.I've just completed a load of work around that area and had the pulley and arm off to get the Alternator out for overhaul. I um'd and are'd a lot as to wheather to change that bearing.I would put money on it that it is the same part as you need- well a little bit of money-
I have an early Series 2 xj but my Series 2 parts cat does not show this part but it does in my Series 1 parts book- hope that makes sense. I made enquires last year at the Classic car show on the Jaguar Classic Parts Stand and Parts were available but the price frightened me off. Although the original part, it ran and does run ok so it is back on the car.
The parts book shows C37879 for the arm and C37889 for the bearing.and C37886 pulley mounting flange. The bearing is a water pump bearing, this can be pressed out of the arm fairly easily but the absolute whatsit of a job is pressing off the pulley mounting flange.
PS If you can extract the old bearing and find the bearing supplier number any good bearing shop should be able to identify it ---hope this helps you --- Oldtimer
I have a '73 xj12 saloon with four fan belts. I believe the pulley you are refering to is the one that acts as a tensioner for the Air Con pump. It is where the air pump was mounted for EGR systems.I've just completed a load of work around that area and had the pulley and arm off to get the Alternator out for overhaul. I um'd and are'd a lot as to wheather to change that bearing.I would put money on it that it is the same part as you need- well a little bit of money-
I have an early Series 2 xj but my Series 2 parts cat does not show this part but it does in my Series 1 parts book- hope that makes sense. I made enquires last year at the Classic car show on the Jaguar Classic Parts Stand and Parts were available but the price frightened me off. Although the original part, it ran and does run ok so it is back on the car.
The parts book shows C37879 for the arm and C37889 for the bearing.and C37886 pulley mounting flange. The bearing is a water pump bearing, this can be pressed out of the arm fairly easily but the absolute whatsit of a job is pressing off the pulley mounting flange.
PS If you can extract the old bearing and find the bearing supplier number any good bearing shop should be able to identify it ---hope this helps you --- Oldtimer
Re: Pulley arm
Hi Shaun, i break the beloved cats. I have a 1990 XJS V12 H.E which i am breaking currently, i also have 2 other complete XJS's in stock. Not sure if i have one the same as yours but maybe if you can send a photo of it to me i will see if i can match you one up.
Email me at
Potteriesjaguarspares@gmail.com
Regards oz
Email me at
Potteriesjaguarspares@gmail.com
Regards oz
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
