Page 1 of 1

Replaced fuel and injector lines now wont fire.

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:53 pm
by pat101
Hi all

-sorry to be on the ask for my first post.

I have a very nice 1989 XJS with 23500 miles on it.Owned since the summer
Now I have read all the advice on fuel lines etc and over this Xmas hols I decided to fit my injector kit from Mr Injector.

Clued up on you tube I fitted the kit all fine and refitted back to the car paying special attention to make sure the plugs went back to the correct injector, all were numbered by me.
All injectors were done one by one and fitted to the same spot on the rail.

Now I have fuel up to the rail, the car will turn over but not fire. Im no mechanic but I know everything went back as it was so I'm a bit at a loss what to do next.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks in advance

Pat

Re: Replaced fuel and injector lines now wont fire.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:32 pm
by almcl
Welcome aboard!

Sorry to hear of the problem, which I can't immediately answer, but it may help others with more experience of injector replacement, if you could say which engine you have (6 or 12 cyl) and which kit you bought. There seem to be quite a range on Mr Injector website.

Have you checked you have ignition? Spare spark plug in a lead pulled from one plug should show this if you don't have more specific testing kit.

Re: Replaced fuel and injector lines now wont fire.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:20 pm
by pat101
Thanks all sorted now.
Didn't connect the ignition and EFI wire back up, seen one end but couldn't find the other was hiding in the fabric harness.

live and learn.

Pat

Re: Replaced fuel and injector lines now wont fire.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:23 pm
by pat101
Yes sorry it is a V12.

Just as well make it a big cliff to jump off :P .

Thanks

Pat

Re: Replaced fuel and injector lines now wont fire.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:16 pm
by almcl
Glad you got it sorted - I've done something similar with a V12 (wire off the start relay - no cold start enhancement) so you certainly aren't the first :wink: