Page 1 of 1
Engine oil
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:51 pm
by xjjohn
Recently I have been having problems obtaining Castrol Edge 5w20 for my XF 5.0 portfolio..I was informed by two Jaguar dealers that recent changes at Castrol has caused an issue with obtaining the oil and it was on backorder...and cannot get it..even Halfords couldn't get any!! Last week I took my F-Type V6s BDE to a main dealer for a service and enquired which oil they would use...again I was told that Jaguar dealers can no longer obtain Castrol Edge and are now using Shell Helix professional 0w20 instead, although of course Castrol Edge was the preferred oil to use..on another recent forum it was stated that some Jaguar dealers are still using Edge,!! I would prefer Edge 0w20 for my cars but cannot get it..has anyone Else had the same issue?? Thank you..
.
Re: Engine oil
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:15 pm
by mike020150
Opie oils are still advertising Castrol Edge 0W 20 oil but only in 1 litre containers. Mike.
Re: Engine oil
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:58 pm
by JimMann
Appreciate this is not the Castrol Edge 5w 20 of interest to this thread, but just been to my local Costco in Aberdeen and they have stacks of Castrol Edge 5w 30 in the motoring aisle.
Jim
Re: Engine oil
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:43 pm
by xjjohn
Thank you Mike And Jim for replies...much appreciated.. it's strange though that two local main dealers, Guy Salmon and Jardine motors, (Milton Keynes and Reading,).. cannot supply the 5w20 or 0w20 Edge for my cars, and I was told last week by Guy Salmon in Coventry after my F-Type was serviced there that the oil they have used was Shell Helix 0w20 professional because they can't obtain the Castrol Edge 0w20 or 5w20 oils for my cars and said there is a severe backorder on these oils since recent changes to Castrol...(their words not mine!!)..however importantly the Shell oil used does seem to meet the required Jaguar specifications..Thanks again for your inputs.