Car won't start

Moderators:drjohnehunt100, mike020150

davidbull

Member
Posts:1
Joined:Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:08 pm
Car won't start

Postby davidbull » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:50 pm

I have a 64 plate 5l cabriolet.
It has developed a fault that appears to occur randomly.
I can come to the car, open the doors with the key fob and the car will not start.
It is like the immobiliser has not turned itself off.
If I leave it for a few hours, the next time I come to it, it will start.
I cannot identify any pattern that causes it.
It occurs every couple of weeks.
My main dealer cannot find a fault and is reluctant to spend any time looking for the fault due to the cost to me.
I would be grateful if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

steve_m
Posts:1441
Joined:Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am
Location:Wiltshire

Re: Car won't start

Postby steve_m » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:00 pm

I don't know the first thing about F-Types, but have you tried putting a new battery in?

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Car won't start

Postby andypryce » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:53 pm

I would look for a good independent rather than main dealer. That said could well be battery.
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest