Parcel shelf pivots..
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2025 10:59 pm
Had cause to make room in the back of the coupe for some small boxes, so decided it would be a good idea to remove the parcel shelf thing...
Oh dear. Only one pivot in place and the other had migrated (broken) to the deep box in the bowels of the car rendering parcel shelf 'floppy'...
Had a look on Manners site and the pivots are listed as 'back order' so I ordered two, and expected a long wait BUT meantime recieved an email from a nice chap called Jack at Manners stating they were special order and would be on the way to me within 7 days! Hooray!!
This must be the time it takes to 3D print them.
They look as if they're a push fit into the tray sides, but it's not an ideal fit so I will digging out the Araldite and seeing if I can improve the situation...
I'll keep you posted.
Terry
Oh dear. Only one pivot in place and the other had migrated (broken) to the deep box in the bowels of the car rendering parcel shelf 'floppy'...
Had a look on Manners site and the pivots are listed as 'back order' so I ordered two, and expected a long wait BUT meantime recieved an email from a nice chap called Jack at Manners stating they were special order and would be on the way to me within 7 days! Hooray!!
This must be the time it takes to 3D print them.
They look as if they're a push fit into the tray sides, but it's not an ideal fit so I will digging out the Araldite and seeing if I can improve the situation...
I'll keep you posted.
Terry