Page 1 of 1

Loss of coolant

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:07 pm
by vernon
Hi,
just as every thing was going well my car dumped most of its coolant on the garage floor.
We had just parked with a hot engine and the bottom radiator hose blew a hole in its self.
The car does not overheat, but I am told this was caused by heat soak.
Does anyone know where to get replacement mk3 4.2 hoses? (Not silicon) all the places I've tried only supply a kit of hoses I don't want.

Re: Loss of coolant

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:13 pm
by lowebird
Vernon,
When I needed a replacement top hose, I got a Ford right angle bend and cut it to fit, perhaps you could try something like that, otherwise, why not contact the factory to see what they use.

Regards,
Reg

Re: Loss of coolant

Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:59 am
by vernon
Thanks reg,
I have found a set of hoses for a series 3 4.2xk engine from SNG Barrett at a reasonable price, it does not have to many unwanted hoses.
I did find individual hoses available in America, but they would have cost more than the set.
Thanks for the info.

Vernon.

Re: Loss of coolant

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:21 am
by NATONEIL
Reg

What was the part No for your top hose? because I want to replace mine

Re: Loss of coolant

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:21 pm
by lowebird
Hello Neil,

The details shown on the hose are as follows:-

GATES 7033ES

You have to cut quite a lot off each end but the angle seems o.k

I got mine direct from the SS factory however I expect a Ford dealership will stock them.
Good luck,

Reg