Ladies and Gentlemen
We all drive our replicas and so insurance is out there. But which companies provide insurance for replicas, I know that some classic car insurers do not. It might be a useful addition to the board if all replica drivers/owners could let the other readers know who insures their car.
I insure through Footman James but they were only able to provide me with a unlimited milage insurance
Yours Aye
Neil
Replica Insurance
Moderator:shugmcd
Re: Replica Insurance
Neil,
That's really interesting because when I contacted FJ in May I was told in no uncertain terms that they were not insuring anything over £50.000.00 and they were extremely unhelpful.
I insure my beast with Gott & Wynne who have specialist policies for Morgans amongst others and will do 5,000 miles plus breakdown home and away.
I am going to give LV a look next renewal as they have just started a classic cover but I don't have any details yet.
Hope you have sorted your hub for next week, we will save a bacon butty fo you.
Reg
That's really interesting because when I contacted FJ in May I was told in no uncertain terms that they were not insuring anything over £50.000.00 and they were extremely unhelpful.
I insure my beast with Gott & Wynne who have specialist policies for Morgans amongst others and will do 5,000 miles plus breakdown home and away.
I am going to give LV a look next renewal as they have just started a classic cover but I don't have any details yet.
Hope you have sorted your hub for next week, we will save a bacon butty fo you.
Reg
Re: Replica Insurance
Reg,
I'm insured with Footman James, but it's actually a two-stage deal.
Royal & Sun insure the vehicle up to £50k, then in the event of a claim above that amount, another company take the £50k as their excess and cover the full amount.
My renewal will be due in just over a month, so I'll let you know what happens.
See you at Snetterton,
Roy
I'm insured with Footman James, but it's actually a two-stage deal.
Royal & Sun insure the vehicle up to £50k, then in the event of a claim above that amount, another company take the £50k as their excess and cover the full amount.
My renewal will be due in just over a month, so I'll let you know what happens.
See you at Snetterton,
Roy
Roy
Suffolk Jaguar SS100
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
Re: Replica Insurance
Hi guys,
A recent announcement in Octobers magazine may be of interest for you.
http://www.jec.org.uk/mag/je102013/#/13/
(See FJ Update)
Just thought I would draw your attention to it.
Regards
James
A recent announcement in Octobers magazine may be of interest for you.
http://www.jec.org.uk/mag/je102013/#/13/
(See FJ Update)
Just thought I would draw your attention to it.
Regards
James
Re: Replica Insurance
As I am with FJ on an under used unlimited mileage policy this might be good news. Thanks James
Neil
Neil
Re: Replica Insurance
The article in this months mag is very interesting as it would seem to combine the FJ insurance with the LV which should prove well worth a look come renewal. I already have a few polices with LV so get a multi policy discount.
Reg
Reg
Re: Replica Insurance
I've just received the renewal quotation letter for the insurance on my SS100 with FJ.
The existing unlimited mileage (Royal & Sun) policy will be just under £360.
An alternative quote for a 5000 mile limited policy (KGM) will be around £100 less.
The Excess, Ts & Cs, European Travel & Breakdown, Personal Accident and Legal seem to be more or less the same.
Roy
The existing unlimited mileage (Royal & Sun) policy will be just under £360.
An alternative quote for a 5000 mile limited policy (KGM) will be around £100 less.
The Excess, Ts & Cs, European Travel & Breakdown, Personal Accident and Legal seem to be more or less the same.
Roy
Roy
Suffolk Jaguar SS100
Re: Replica Insurance
Hello Roy,
Well, it would seem that you could save youself the price of a few tanks of petrol with your new quote.
My current policy with Gott & Wynne cost £283.00 inc all the bits and bobs. This is for 5,000 miles and a value of £78.000.00.
As I said before, I will be looking into LV next year as they are doing classic car policies and I have a couple of other policies with them already so I get multi-discount.
Something different, will you be going to the Regent St Motor Show on Saturday? We are going for the weekend so it would be nice to meet up for a natter.
Took the beast out for an autumn blast today, absolutely great!!
Reg
Well, it would seem that you could save youself the price of a few tanks of petrol with your new quote.
My current policy with Gott & Wynne cost £283.00 inc all the bits and bobs. This is for 5,000 miles and a value of £78.000.00.
As I said before, I will be looking into LV next year as they are doing classic car policies and I have a couple of other policies with them already so I get multi-discount.
Something different, will you be going to the Regent St Motor Show on Saturday? We are going for the weekend so it would be nice to meet up for a natter.
Took the beast out for an autumn blast today, absolutely great!!
Reg
Re: Replica Insurance
I've just renewed with the 5k mileage limit.
The previous figures I gave did not include the second part of the deal (it's a 2-stage deal: up to £50k on one policy, then the rest - if required - on another), adding an additional £26.50p.
That makes the total premium £283 (or £385 unlimited).
Reg - No, I can't make it to the VCC London to Brighton weekend this year. I hope the weather is better for you than today.
Roy
The previous figures I gave did not include the second part of the deal (it's a 2-stage deal: up to £50k on one policy, then the rest - if required - on another), adding an additional £26.50p.
That makes the total premium £283 (or £385 unlimited).
Reg - No, I can't make it to the VCC London to Brighton weekend this year. I hope the weather is better for you than today.
Roy
Roy
Suffolk Jaguar SS100
Re: Replica Insurance
To make up for Lincolnshire roads covered in mud all year long is that we have to pay about £10 less insurance. However the KGM insurance saving is still welcome.
Happy New Year
Happy New Year
Neil
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Re: Replica Insurance
Watcha Neil,
Tried to 'mail you yesterday but got a Demon failure notice, no mater it was only to wish you and Sue a happy Crimbo.
Re. muddy roads, I think we share the same problem, I have given up taking the Suffolk out now as the sugar beet hauling season is in full swing which not only makes for muddy roads but you stand a good chance of a large beet landing on the bonnet.
Wasn't it a nice surprise to get a Crimbo card from Roger and good news about the workshop/showroom extention.
Reg.
Tried to 'mail you yesterday but got a Demon failure notice, no mater it was only to wish you and Sue a happy Crimbo.
Re. muddy roads, I think we share the same problem, I have given up taking the Suffolk out now as the sugar beet hauling season is in full swing which not only makes for muddy roads but you stand a good chance of a large beet landing on the bonnet.
Wasn't it a nice surprise to get a Crimbo card from Roger and good news about the workshop/showroom extention.
Reg.
Re: Replica Insurance
Hello chaps, Further to our insurance corres. I have just renewed with KGM ( via Peter James ) for the grand sum of £210.75 all in. That's for unlimited mileage, UK & European breakdown legals etc etc. A good deal I think all down to the JEC link ( they note your membership number )
Reg
Reg
Re: Replica Insurance
Hi Reg,
It seems that many classic car insurance brokers now use KGM (FJ, Peter Best, Routen Chaplin, etc,.).
But I'm sure I will still pay a wee bit more for the pleasure of living in London.
Roy
It seems that many classic car insurance brokers now use KGM (FJ, Peter Best, Routen Chaplin, etc,.).
But I'm sure I will still pay a wee bit more for the pleasure of living in London.
Roy
Roy
Suffolk Jaguar SS100
Re: Replica Insurance
Hello Roy,
I'm sure you are correct about the London factor. We have just returned after spending 3 weeks in the capital of the world.
Had a great time, finally got to see the Uni. boat race, the Marathon and loads of other stuff. My greatest pleasure is strolling through Mayfair spotting rare cars then going back to my sons apartment in C.Wharf to watch the lights come on whilst sitting on the balcony with a bottle of red.
Reg
I'm sure you are correct about the London factor. We have just returned after spending 3 weeks in the capital of the world.
Had a great time, finally got to see the Uni. boat race, the Marathon and loads of other stuff. My greatest pleasure is strolling through Mayfair spotting rare cars then going back to my sons apartment in C.Wharf to watch the lights come on whilst sitting on the balcony with a bottle of red.
Reg
Re: Replica Insurance
Hi Guys
I have just received my Insurance renewal for my Suffolk from Footman James.
10000 miles limit (I will have done 7500 this year) Lincolnshire and my wife and I to drive. £265 including breakdown. I am very pleased.
Well done FJ every other policy I have has gone up this one has gone down!
I have just received my Insurance renewal for my Suffolk from Footman James.
10000 miles limit (I will have done 7500 this year) Lincolnshire and my wife and I to drive. £265 including breakdown. I am very pleased.
Well done FJ every other policy I have has gone up this one has gone down!
Neil
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
