Welcome to a new section on our Bulletin Board.
This section as the name suggests is dedicated to "Replica" Jaguars.
Enjoy
Regards
James Blackwell
Welcome
Moderator:shugmcd
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
James
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
Re: Welcome
Dear James
This is much more than I had hoped for, and very welcome
Many thanks, lets hope owners and fans of the replicas make use of this.
Neil
This is much more than I had hoped for, and very welcome
Many thanks, lets hope owners and fans of the replicas make use of this.
Neil
Re: Welcome
Thanks James,
I'm sure we'll make good use of this new section.
Roy
I'm sure we'll make good use of this new section.
Roy
Roy
Suffolk Jaguar SS100
Re: Welcome
James,
Ditto, thank you for providing this section for all replica owners, I only hope that all our combined efforts prove to be of use to all.
Reg
Ditto, thank you for providing this section for all replica owners, I only hope that all our combined efforts prove to be of use to all.
Reg
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
Re: Welcome
Hi guys,
A pleasure to assist where we can. I am sure your efforts will certainly help drive traffic on here and further interest in your cars.
Regards
James
A pleasure to assist where we can. I am sure your efforts will certainly help drive traffic on here and further interest in your cars.
Regards
James
James
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
Re: Welcome
James
Despite us having only a limited number of users I note that the number of posts in the Replica section has now passed 250, thanks for supporting and moderating us.
I have learnt quite a bit since it started and the recent thread about Suffolk SS100 coil over suspension dampers clearly shows how important this section can be, when a member discovers issues with potential safety implications, which if found in a modern car would be covered by a factory recall/notification.
Despite us having only a limited number of users I note that the number of posts in the Replica section has now passed 250, thanks for supporting and moderating us.
I have learnt quite a bit since it started and the recent thread about Suffolk SS100 coil over suspension dampers clearly shows how important this section can be, when a member discovers issues with potential safety implications, which if found in a modern car would be covered by a factory recall/notification.
Neil
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Re: Welcome
Neil,
Ditto this, long may it continue.
Reg
Ditto this, long may it continue.
Reg
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
Re: Welcome
Hi,
I think the thanks must go to those of you that have worked to make this a lively and informative section on the board. Well done to you all and long may it continue to gain numbers.
Here's to the next 250.
James
I think the thanks must go to those of you that have worked to make this a lively and informative section on the board. Well done to you all and long may it continue to gain numbers.
Here's to the next 250.
James
Re: Welcome
Last year at about this time I noticed that this section of the board had passed 250 posts. A year on we have passed 500. I have heard from a number of the replica manufacturers that business is booming and spoke to a spares dealer the other day who has recently sold 40 engines and back axles to Roger Williams so I hope to see other owners on the board and on the road soon. I know Reg has jumped ship but there are others of you out there.
Neil
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Re: Welcome
Hi, despite having built two Suffolk SS100s over the last few years I was totally unaware of this forum and suspect that other owners are also in the dark.
I found the thread about suspicion bushes interesting and worrying!
Mike
I found the thread about suspicion bushes interesting and worrying!
Mike
Re: Welcome
Hello Mike
Glad you have found us. I suspect you have read Reg Lowe's article in which he makes an impassioned plea for replica owners to contribute to this board.
Although we only have a few contributors, most of our posts attract a good readership. There are a couple of builders posting to the site and a couple of others who bought their cars either directly from Roger Williams or second hand. What we hope to achieve is establish an unofficial help, assistance and warning community. Ultimately we have to do this for our selves because we do not have the luxury of a factory recall process for our cars. You have already noticed the coilover bush issue. If we identify any trends which might have important/ safety issues we tend to post them to the top of the relevant section.
We look forward to hearing from you
Glad you have found us. I suspect you have read Reg Lowe's article in which he makes an impassioned plea for replica owners to contribute to this board.
Although we only have a few contributors, most of our posts attract a good readership. There are a couple of builders posting to the site and a couple of others who bought their cars either directly from Roger Williams or second hand. What we hope to achieve is establish an unofficial help, assistance and warning community. Ultimately we have to do this for our selves because we do not have the luxury of a factory recall process for our cars. You have already noticed the coilover bush issue. If we identify any trends which might have important/ safety issues we tend to post them to the top of the relevant section.
We look forward to hearing from you
Neil
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Re: Welcome
Hello everyone,
I hope you all enjoyed my article in this months magazine. Although I have sold my Suffolk, I still hold these cars in high esteem to the extent that I was seriously considering buying another.
I was at Helmingham in Suffolk on Sunday where Roger had brought along two SS100's plus a beautiful "C" Type.
The reason I say "was" is my concern with the DVLA ( see article in this months mag ) I think that with all that is going on, it is not the time to invest over £80,000.00 ( or £113,000.00 if you want a new one ) in a replica SS100. Typical of our "leaders", everything is very vague with no clear cut parameters to which we can work and so it's buyer beware !!!
I have had conversations with Neil who is quite well informed but ultimately he knows about as much as I do so, is there anyone out there who can add some light?
Reg
I hope you all enjoyed my article in this months magazine. Although I have sold my Suffolk, I still hold these cars in high esteem to the extent that I was seriously considering buying another.
I was at Helmingham in Suffolk on Sunday where Roger had brought along two SS100's plus a beautiful "C" Type.
The reason I say "was" is my concern with the DVLA ( see article in this months mag ) I think that with all that is going on, it is not the time to invest over £80,000.00 ( or £113,000.00 if you want a new one ) in a replica SS100. Typical of our "leaders", everything is very vague with no clear cut parameters to which we can work and so it's buyer beware !!!
I have had conversations with Neil who is quite well informed but ultimately he knows about as much as I do so, is there anyone out there who can add some light?
Reg
Re: Welcome
Reg
I have quoted your issue and started a new thread about the DVLA letters.
I have quoted your issue and started a new thread about the DVLA letters.
Neil
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
