C type replica lower wishbone and torsion bar set up.
Moderator:shugmcd
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this...I am after the lower torsion bar set up inc lower wishbone for the rebuild of my C type project. I can't find anything that will work for this nor a specialist who can make the parts etc. Has anyone any ideas that can help me to get started? I am not a purist so a compromise solution will be great to hear about as well. The chassis clearly had the correct set up installed originally but that was missing when I bought the car. I do have the full XK120 set up as spare parts in my garage and have used the upper wishbone already. I do plan to use the total hub assembly including the original brake shoe and brake drum set up rather than going for callipers and discs. Many thanks. 
Re: C type replica lower wishbone and torsion bar set up.
Design978
There are not very many replica builders using this forum the forum. I have discovered that the most user friendly space for replicas is the The Historic Replica and Specials Register (Jaguar Drivers' Club) Facebook group on Facebook. You do not need to be a member of the JDC to join the group, I am not, but the JDC has a much greater presence on Facebook and there are over 2000 members in this group and many of them have built C and D type replicas.
There are not very many replica builders using this forum the forum. I have discovered that the most user friendly space for replicas is the The Historic Replica and Specials Register (Jaguar Drivers' Club) Facebook group on Facebook. You do not need to be a member of the JDC to join the group, I am not, but the JDC has a much greater presence on Facebook and there are over 2000 members in this group and many of them have built C and D type replicas.
Neil
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today
Re: C type replica lower wishbone and torsion bar set up.
Many thanks Neil...I will look at that right now!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
