Suffolk C Type

Moderator:shugmcd

laarbruch
Posts:4
Joined:Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 am
Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby laarbruch » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks for the response Neil

My car is the more usual GRP version and I'm presently getting to know her

Still to attend a South Lincs meeting but plan to go along to Threekingham next week........................ Maybe see you there

Peter

User avatar
NATONEIL

Member
Posts:376
Joined:Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am
Location:Bourne Lincolnshire

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby NATONEIL » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi Peter

I am looking forward to seeing her. It will not be next week unfortunately because the club meeting clashes with an Aston Martin talk in Spalding.

I have put 26,000 miles on my Suffolk since I put it on the road in 2012 and I m still getting to know it.
Neil

Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby lowebird » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Peter,

Sorry I missed your initial post, as Neil said, this forum goes in fits and starts but he, Roy and myself are usually here at some time or other.
I did reply to your P.M. with an e-mail however we are away for the next few weeks so I will catch up with you at the end of the month.
Do let me know all about your "C", all the details including why etc? As is my want, I was nearly tempted to change the "C" for an XK120 but the moment passed.

User avatar
NATONEIL

Member
Posts:376
Joined:Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am
Location:Bourne Lincolnshire

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby NATONEIL » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:23 am

Reg
You will go round the houses and in the end you will get another Morgan. The XK120 is even smaller than the E type and I bet you are missing the weather protection of the SS100 limited as it is.
Neil

Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby lowebird » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:20 am

Neil,

You are absolutely correct, there are certain times when I wish I had kept the SS100, like when we were coming back from the factory the other day and it started to rain, still goggles are very me you know and the only bit of leather that could be spoilt by the rain had my bum on it !!
You have also forgotten that, whilst chasing all these cars around I have kept my Morgan albeit the 3rd one. SWMBO insists that we will keep it until we give up cars.

User avatar
NATONEIL

Member
Posts:376
Joined:Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am
Location:Bourne Lincolnshire

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby NATONEIL » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:58 am

Hello Again Peter
It was good to meet you last night at the South Lincs Region Club night. You asked me to send you details of Neal Muggleston unfortunately I neglected to take your e-mail address. The website for his company is http://www.jaguarfuelconversions.co.uk and he has done lots of work for many of our club members.
If you would like to share your e-mail address with me please respond via my public e-mail, nands.jervis@hotmail.com This is the e-mail I use for my Classic Fuel to Noise website.

Yours Aye
Neil

Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today

User avatar
NATONEIL

Member
Posts:376
Joined:Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am
Location:Bourne Lincolnshire

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby NATONEIL » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:25 am

Peter
Was that your C type I saw on Facebook at the Stibbington Diner meet last Sunday?
Neil

Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today

laarbruch
Posts:4
Joined:Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 am

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby laarbruch » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Certainly was Neil, thanks to your events guide .........................Took a trip down with my Son we enjoyed meeting some fellow enthusiasts!!

Peter

User avatar
NATONEIL

Member
Posts:376
Joined:Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am
Location:Bourne Lincolnshire

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby NATONEIL » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 pm

I do not know if you are a Facebook user but I have just found a video of your car arriving there on the Great Northern Classic car meet. It sounds as good as it looks
Neil

Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby lowebird » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Chaps,
Maybe a little early on New Years Day but "Engine oil" On the wonderful XK engine, I assume we all use 20/50 but has anyone found a supplier with a higher/better API rating than SE ? The highest I have found on the API site is SJ but I haven't seen this on any 20/50, anyone got better info please.

User avatar
NATONEIL

Member
Posts:376
Joined:Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am
Location:Bourne Lincolnshire

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby NATONEIL » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:32 pm

Millers Oils Classic Sport 20-50 is API SJ and is their recommended oil for high performance XKs or they also do a fully synthetic 20-50 called Classic Sport High Performance which is API SL CF
Happy New Year
Neil

Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby lowebird » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:02 pm

Neil,
Thanks for that. I looked it up and Amazon do it delivered to home for about £31.00 for 5lts. I have now 'mailed Jaguar Classic to see what they recommend as it is twice the price of the API SE oil I am currently using whilst running in. I will let you know their answer.

User avatar
NATONEIL

Member
Posts:376
Joined:Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am
Location:Bourne Lincolnshire

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby NATONEIL » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:17 pm

What are you using now? I have been using Halfords Classic 20-50
Neil

Suffolk SS100 Jaguar
Honour the past, drive it today

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby lowebird » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:14 pm

Neil,
After a lot of searching on the net, I found a 20/50 API SE for sale in our local Wilco for £15.00 for 5ltrs. This is the same rating as Comma Oils but is green just like good old Duckhams which we all grew up with. I have 'mailed Jaguar Classic to see what they say about the virtues of API SJ at twice the price. I will let you know what they say if anything !!

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk

Re: Suffolk C Type

Postby lowebird » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Neil,
Just got a reply from Classic Jaguar re. engine oil. The response was to use a reputable supplier of good quality 20/50 such as Castrol but no mention of API SJ so I guess we are safe with API SE for road use.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests