Page 1 of 1

Drivers side blower wont turn off

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:55 pm
by dpover532
I noticed that the blower on the drivers side of my 1991 XJS has stuck on. Even turning off the car and the fan stayed on. My mechanic removed the fuse so now I need to find the issue. Has anyone had this happen to them? or does anyone have any suggestions?
My car is currently totally stripped down at a paint shop having a complete respray. First job when the paint is baked is fix the AC.

Re: Drivers side blower wont turn off

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:34 pm
by mike020150
As a starting point, I seem to recall that later XJSs had a circuit board attached to the blower which could suffer through water ingress. If the car has been fully stripped, it should be a simple matter to check. Alternatively, I am sure fellow members will be quick to point out that my memory isn't what it used to be! :D Mike.