Not giving me the horn!
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:56 pm
Hey guys....my car has been laid up a while and after finishing a service, I noticed that the horn isn't working.
Fuse and relay are both good, wiring all seems to be intact. Anyone got any recommendations about trying to resolve? Is it likely that the horn unit itself is broken?
I read a few posts on this and other forums about malfunctioning horns, but none seemed to relate to a 1996 4l celebration. Some had problems with a short at the steering column. However, for a 1996, there is no wiper and wire connection on the steering column that I saw referenced in another post for example. How do you actually remove the steering wheel horn switches to check?
Cheers
Stuart
Fuse and relay are both good, wiring all seems to be intact. Anyone got any recommendations about trying to resolve? Is it likely that the horn unit itself is broken?
I read a few posts on this and other forums about malfunctioning horns, but none seemed to relate to a 1996 4l celebration. Some had problems with a short at the steering column. However, for a 1996, there is no wiper and wire connection on the steering column that I saw referenced in another post for example. How do you actually remove the steering wheel horn switches to check?
Cheers
Stuart