There have been discussions for years about locating replacement headlamps. Some good ones do turn up but many have lost their silvering to some degree.
Has anyone here used a company such as
http://www.chromerestorationspecialist. ... silvering/
to refurbish them? I've just plucked the above company out of Google so I have no idea of effectiveness or cost but as long as the glass is undamaged it may be the way to go in the future.
Thoughts?
Headlight re-silvering
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Re: Headlight re-silvering
It will be interesting to see if this is a viable option.
As I've reported before, Jaguar Classic are working on the tooling to produce these lamps new again. However, it would be interesting to compare the price of a new one from JCP with this re-silvering process.
As I've reported before, Jaguar Classic are working on the tooling to produce these lamps new again. However, it would be interesting to compare the price of a new one from JCP with this re-silvering process.
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: Headlight re-silvering
I refurbished my headlights by popping the glass and rubbing down the inside and using Halfords chrome paint (£6). Passed its MOT no problem........ how long will it last? Don’t know but 3 months on still looking good.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

