Jaguar XJS Horns

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

FGARDEN

Member
Posts:19
Joined:Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:15 am
Jaguar XJS Horns

Postby FGARDEN » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:25 pm

I have a 1989 Jaguar xjs coupe. My Indicator switch stopped working. I replaced the Indicator switch with a new one bought from USA.
My problem is that after putting everything back together my Indicators are working fine but my Horns are not working. I took of the Steering Wheel again and was surprised to see that there is no wiring connecting the Horn Button to the Horn so how does the Horn work?
Any Ideas or suggestions how to get it working again as my M.O.T. has now ran out. :(

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Jaguar XJS Horns

Postby poprivet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:04 pm

There is a brass rod and plastic support under the steering wheel soft front, the rod earths the supply from the horn relay to operate them. Try undoing the large adjuster nut behind the steering wheel and pulling and pushing a bit.

They can be a bit problematic if disturbed.

Al

FGARDEN

Member
Posts:19
Joined:Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Jaguar XJS Horns

Postby FGARDEN » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks I will have a go tomorrow.
Best regards,
F. Garden

FGARDEN

Member
Posts:19
Joined:Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Jaguar XJS Horns

Postby FGARDEN » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:22 pm

I removed the Steering Wheel with the brass rod. The problem is that nothing is connected to the brass rod. NO cable or any wiring visible.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests