Speedo and cruise control not working: Was I ripped off?

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

User avatar
mikeceleb

Member
Posts:15
Joined:Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:01 pm
Speedo and cruise control not working: Was I ripped off?

Postby mikeceleb » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Having owned my Celebration convertible for 3 weeks the speedo and cruise control stopped working, I used a garage that was recommended to me and talking on the phone they seemed to know what the problem was.
They plugged it into their Jaguar dedicated diagnostic equipment and the fault was the speedo sensor, which they ordered from SNG Barretts @ £69, only to find when the new part was was fitted it did not solve the problem. After further investigation they found a broken wire from the sensor to the interface unit broken.
When I picked the car up I was given an invoice for £256, the old sensor was not in the boot and they said they could not send the new one back. I feel they should have done the investigative work for broken wires before ordering new parts.
I feel like I have been mugged. :cry:
1996 Celebration Coupe
1995 Celebration Convertible 2+2

Davaidh
Posts:6
Joined:Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: Speedo and cruise control not working: Was I ripped off?

Postby Davaidh » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi pal,

You were ripped off! But what they did was not illegal and you accepted it when you should have refused it. (Sorry to lay a little blame on you).

I ran garages in Scotland and abroad for many years and that is an appalling way to treat a customer. No morals and that's why the car garage industry in UK at least has such a bad name.

Learn, though, and don't accept that sort of caddish behavior again!

Hope you enjoy the car now, anyway.

cheers Davaidh


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests