Page 1 of 1
First JEC post ever!
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:56 pm
by DaimlerE17
Brand new to the JEC and new Jag owner. Mine is a Series 2 Daimler XJ6.
My radio has packed in. Seems that no retro style radios will fit - size of my original radio is 180mm by 55mm. Anyone know ova solution/supplier. I don't want to fit a modern radio, to be honest.
Cheers all.
Jon
Re: First JEC post ever!
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:43 am
by jBlackwell
Hi John,
Welcome to the JEC and with such a nice car (I have a 1978 XJ12). I have a couple of radios at home which may be of help. If not try giving Ken Jenkins a call:
http://www.jec.org.uk/registers/et/forum_contacts.php
I have managed to source most of my parts through him.
James
Re: First JEC post ever!
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:13 pm
by DaimlerE17
Many thanks. Think I have solved the problem with a smaller radio and a blanking plate.
Funnily enough I spoke to Ken (twice) last week over a speedo angle drive! Small world.
Thanks again,
Jon
Re: First JEC post ever!
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:08 am
by jBlackwell
OK,
Well glad you have sorted it. I was going into my garage this weekend (yes it is that full it takes all weekend). I will have a look anyway, as I probably need to shift a few bits.
James
Re: First JEC post ever!
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:27 am
by DaimlerE17
Great stuff. If you find a series 2 lower grill in there I'm after one of those too!
Re: First JEC post ever!
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:54 am
by jBlackwell
Lol, afraid not,
I replaced the lower grill on mine, old one was ruined, went to the scrappers, sorry.
James