More then a few people have asked me where I intend to visit this year after my circumnavigation of Britain in 2006. The xj-s will certainly be attending more then a few JEC events as well as performing other duties such as shopping and drag-racing), although I have no further major tours planned. (I'm still paying off the petrol bill for last year!)
On a personal level, I do intend to walk the entire Solent Way along the South Coast which is some 70 miles in length. OK, in the xj-s that would take well under an hour, sorry officer, just over an hour, but on foot is likely to take me the best part of a week. Alright, you can stop laughing now. Anyway, when did you last walk 70 miles?
Back to the plot; I hope you will be out enjoying YOUR xj-s on long or small trips and I would really like to hear about your plans. See you soon.
Pop
New year's revolutions
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
-
jimthack180
- Posts:22
- Joined:Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:56 pm
Hi
I have not as yet been on a major trip in my 1987 XJ-S V12, main reason having been previous unreliability, mostly overheating problems, eventually traced to the secondary fan not being correctly wired. However, now that things seem to be sorted ( I hear you all laughing ) I have agreed to embark on an August Bank Holiday Weekend sortee, from darkest Norfolk to the delights of West Wales. I wonder how much the petrol bill will be? No matter what happens, I know I will return home having experienced a wonderfull weekend driving one of the worlds best cars.
Jim
1987 XJ-S HE V12, 86k, full history, gorgeous black with magnolia leather.
I have not as yet been on a major trip in my 1987 XJ-S V12, main reason having been previous unreliability, mostly overheating problems, eventually traced to the secondary fan not being correctly wired. However, now that things seem to be sorted ( I hear you all laughing ) I have agreed to embark on an August Bank Holiday Weekend sortee, from darkest Norfolk to the delights of West Wales. I wonder how much the petrol bill will be? No matter what happens, I know I will return home having experienced a wonderfull weekend driving one of the worlds best cars.
Jim
1987 XJ-S HE V12, 86k, full history, gorgeous black with magnolia leather.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
