Classic Car Show at NEC: Who's going?
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
I've just booked tickets for this Sunday (6th November) and was wondering if anyone from these forums is going to be there? I shall be bringing KXI4239 with me so hope to see a few more XJ-Ss around, too.
Classic Car Show at NEC: Who\'s going?
Simon
I shall be at the Classic car show from Friday to Sunday on the JEC stand representing the XJS Forum, so please pop in to say hallow. We will have two A+ condition XJS cars on the stand, one is my own 1996 6 ltr V12 Convertible in black and the other XJS belongs to Tony which is a 1978 pre HE 5.3 ltr V12 Coupe also in black, you can see pictures of his car in the XJS Forum register photo column
Paul Sinnott from the XJS Forum will also be on the stand on Sunday and will be looking after the XJS spares availability, so please have a chat with Paul if you have any spares problems.
Any one thinking of going its a great show, have a look at the website www.necclassicmotorshow.com
Look forward to seeing you all
Norman
JEC XJS Forum Co-ordinator
I shall be at the Classic car show from Friday to Sunday on the JEC stand representing the XJS Forum, so please pop in to say hallow. We will have two A+ condition XJS cars on the stand, one is my own 1996 6 ltr V12 Convertible in black and the other XJS belongs to Tony which is a 1978 pre HE 5.3 ltr V12 Coupe also in black, you can see pictures of his car in the XJS Forum register photo column
Paul Sinnott from the XJS Forum will also be on the stand on Sunday and will be looking after the XJS spares availability, so please have a chat with Paul if you have any spares problems.
Any one thinking of going its a great show, have a look at the website www.necclassicmotorshow.com
Look forward to seeing you all
Norman
JEC XJS Forum Co-ordinator
Classic Car Show at NEC: Who\'s going?
Johnb
Classic Car Show at NEC: Who\'s going?
Hi Johnb
The JEC is on stand 5475 in Hall 5 and is very close to the Vehicle Door VE5.2, and not far from the Autoglym grand final display area.
Show Open hours Fri 4 Nov to Sun 6 Nov 09.30 to 17.30
Contact Phone number +44 (0) 870 730 0196 Web site www.necclassicmotorshow.com
Look forward seeing you on the stand on Saturday
Norman
JEC XJS Forum Co-ordinator
The JEC is on stand 5475 in Hall 5 and is very close to the Vehicle Door VE5.2, and not far from the Autoglym grand final display area.
Show Open hours Fri 4 Nov to Sun 6 Nov 09.30 to 17.30
Contact Phone number +44 (0) 870 730 0196 Web site www.necclassicmotorshow.com
Look forward seeing you on the stand on Saturday
Norman
JEC XJS Forum Co-ordinator
Classic Car Show at NEC: Who\'s going?
Well, what a good day it turned out to be! Some 40 or so Jags at the JDHT, loads more at the JEC stand and others sprinkled throughout as well as all the other motors too.
It was also good to meet Norman (Hi Norman!) and his black 6.0L XJS and other JEC people
Was filling up the S at a petrol station in Birmingham (@87.9p!) and a bloke came up to me and started asking me about the car: fuel consumption, accelleration, insurance, private plate, etc. Then he said 'how much?' - I thought he was after my plate so I said that it wasn't for sale, I like the plate and it came with the car. But he actually wanted to buy the car! He offered 7.5k but ultimately the car isn't for sale so I had a lot of fun driving it home instead.
Stopped for a quick curry in Birmingham on the way back and also made a stop for a quick photoshoot outside the Browns Lane Plant:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/W ... tJagSm.jpg
It was also good to meet Norman (Hi Norman!) and his black 6.0L XJS and other JEC people
Was filling up the S at a petrol station in Birmingham (@87.9p!) and a bloke came up to me and started asking me about the car: fuel consumption, accelleration, insurance, private plate, etc. Then he said 'how much?' - I thought he was after my plate so I said that it wasn't for sale, I like the plate and it came with the car. But he actually wanted to buy the car! He offered 7.5k but ultimately the car isn't for sale so I had a lot of fun driving it home instead.
Stopped for a quick curry in Birmingham on the way back and also made a stop for a quick photoshoot outside the Browns Lane Plant:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/W ... tJagSm.jpg
Classic Car Show at NEC: Who\'s going?
Nice one Simon, glad you enjoyed your day. Couldn't make it myself
Nice pic outside Browns Lane, I'd like one like that for myself with my big cat
Regards
Keith
Nice pic outside Browns Lane, I'd like one like that for myself with my big cat
Regards
Keith
Classic Car Show at NEC: Who\'s going?
Simon
Fantastic picture of your XJS outside the Jag plant entrance. Glad you enjoyed the Classic car show. I agree the JDHT put on a great stand with all the jags on show having there doors unlocked so you could have a good old poke inside.
Norman
XJS Forum Co-ordinator
Fantastic picture of your XJS outside the Jag plant entrance. Glad you enjoyed the Classic car show. I agree the JDHT put on a great stand with all the jags on show having there doors unlocked so you could have a good old poke inside.
Norman
XJS Forum Co-ordinator
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
