Register Information LHD / RHD **
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:04 pm
I just had a look through the register over 180 already thats a great response for a couple of weeks
I did notice however that a lot of RHD cars are being listed as LHD cars
( you can tell from the serial number the ninth character along of the full VIN No ( number with two letters each side of it) designates how the car was shipped 3 means its a RHD Auto, 4 means its a LHD Auto, 7 means its a RHD Manual and 8 means its a LHD Manual)
When I listed my car I made the same mistake, the dot was in the LHD circle as a default and I didnt notice it and had to go back and change, perhaps others who have made the same mistake might want to correct theirs as well to make the info as accurate as possible, as it stands it looks like there are an awfull lot of LHD XJS cars in the UK
I did notice however that a lot of RHD cars are being listed as LHD cars
( you can tell from the serial number the ninth character along of the full VIN No ( number with two letters each side of it) designates how the car was shipped 3 means its a RHD Auto, 4 means its a LHD Auto, 7 means its a RHD Manual and 8 means its a LHD Manual)
When I listed my car I made the same mistake, the dot was in the LHD circle as a default and I didnt notice it and had to go back and change, perhaps others who have made the same mistake might want to correct theirs as well to make the info as accurate as possible, as it stands it looks like there are an awfull lot of LHD XJS cars in the UK