Production numbers

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

Linxman

Member
Posts:43
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:20 pm
Location:North Lincolnshire
Production numbers

Postby Linxman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:28 pm

I'd be very interested to know the detailed production numbers for the XJS over the last few years, when numbers seemed to trail off somewhat. From what I can glean, it would seem that many variants will actually be quite rare, certainly in terms of modern mass produced cars and especially in terms of what was allocated to the home market. However, the only numbers I've seen printed in books vary between production and sales figures and in any case they are simply not detailed enough.

Therefore, does anybody have, or have access to, detailed annual production breakdown from say 1994 onwards, i.e. split between coupe / convertible / 'celebration' / 4.0 / 6.0 / UK / Export / manual / auto.

We all know some versions are rare, but I think it would be interesting to know just how rare - especially if you have, or are looking for, a particular variant.
Phil B
'85 HE coupe & '95 4.0 coupe

barryjagman
Posts:30
Joined:Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Production numbers

Postby barryjagman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Phil,

Let me make a start with the figures I know about and perhaps someone can add to them.

6.0 coupe 6.0 conv 4.0 coupe 4.0 conv

1994 242 1058 985 4633
1995 239 309 852 4032
1996 19 29 121 1487



Best Regards, Baz





ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Production numbers

Postby ptjs1 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Phil / Baz,

As you probably know, the Jag production figures quoted in various publications seem to vary quite considerably. For what it's worth, I believe that these are pretty close to the definitive numbers (although I'm happy to hear otherwise!)

......................6.0 Coupe......6.0 Conv....4.0 Coupe....4.0 Conv

1994.................242................1058............985.............4633
1995...................59...................89............793.............3943
1996....................1.....................2.............120.............1485

The major differences to your figures, Baz, is that there were hardly 6 litres made after 1994. As a matter of interest, where did your figures come from?

Paul
XJS Registrar
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

barryjagman
Posts:30
Joined:Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Production numbers

Postby barryjagman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi Paul,

I got my figures from Brian Long's book Jaguar XJ-S The Full Story of Jaguar's Grand Tourer.

I suppose they only way to know EXACTLY is to do a Bleasie and go through the production info at Browns Lane.

Best regards, Baz

JED1961
Posts:40
Joined:Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Production numbers

Postby JED1961 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:18 pm

i tried to see how many H.E,S Were made during 1981 ??? i came up with the figure of 1270 cars produced .....however it didnt say how many of these were XJ-S H.E SPORTS ??? any body got any idea,s mine also has only a 14 didgit vin number so doesnt go ito some vin number checkers for the XJ-S :shock: :shock:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests