Page 1 of 1

1990 XJS headlining

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:56 pm
by petticd
Has anyone got any experience of replacing the the headling?
The backing foam has perished and the lining dropped. I have removed the lining and the remains of the old glue/foam, however wondered what to use to reseal the fibre glass backing former before I attempt to recover?

Regards,


1990 XJS headlining

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:39 pm
by JED1961
How did you get on with your head lining ? I tried to reglue mine with a spray on impact adhesive that was supposed to be for sticking upholstery.........it looked great for about a month then dropped again. I admitted defeat and got a brand new headlining kit from a triming firm in liecester....it came with the material already stuck to a brand new backing all i had to do was to recover the side bolsters amnd pillar covers (material supplied ) 3 mths later and its still looking great
good luck Jed :D