Page 1 of 1

Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:20 pm
by davidr
If you read the XJS section of the magazine you will have seen my frequent pleas for magazine content. We do our best to bring a wide variety of interesting and informative articles to you but we are heavily reliant on you - our members. There is only so much content we can generate ourselves.
You will hopefully have received the February magazine by now and you'll see in there Mike Green's article about his 1993 4 litre convertible. This is the last member contribution we've had. Nothing since then!
To avoid a potentially embarrassingly blank XJS section in March, I put together an in-depth piece on the Celebration models.
The April magazine is currently completely barren - just some tumble-weed blowing across our pages. The deadline is Friday....
It was Douglas Adams (the author of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy) who said “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” Unfortunately our editor and publishers take a less casual approach to make sure your magazine arrives on time!
So what have you got? They say everyone has a book in them and I'd say that goes for magazine articles just as well.
All I need is a few words and some pictures. You don't have to worry about the layout of the page or how it will look. We have talented people to do that for us. Just give us the content.
We're interested in any of the following -
Technical articles including explainers on how parts of the car work
Accounts of work you've done on your car - whether you did it yourself or had it done professionally
Sharing your car(s) with other members - where did you get it? How long have you had it? What have you done to it? Adventures you've had with your car
Are you new to the XJS scene? What was your journey into XJS ownership? Why did you choose an XJS? What are your initial impressions?
What are your plans for your car?
No longer an XJS owner but want to share some fond memories? Please go ahead!
Have you been involved in the production, sales or servicing of the XJS? Share your story.
I hope I have inspired you to put finger to keyboard - your magazine needs you!
Please send anything you have to xjs@jecmodels.org.uk

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:00 pm
by ptjs1
David,

Conscience prompted! I'll start tomorrow putting together the various articles I've got. We'll commence with LED sidelights!

Pail

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:57 pm
by davidr
Thanks Paul - much appreciated!

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:54 pm
by SimonR
David - would you like a bit about the rear suspension work I'm doing? - it's been very well covered on the forum but people may be interested in a complete novice's view of doing such a job. It also demonstrates how incredibly helpful and friendly the club is!

I'm about half way now so it'd probably be a couple of articles.

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:14 pm
by davidr
Simon - that would be great! Thanks

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:27 pm
by davidr
Thanks to Simon who sent me a couple of good articles - expect to see those in April.
So now my attention moves on to the May issue and I'm back where I started - blank pages! :oops:
Please send me whatever you have. Its not difficult - just give us the words and some pictures and we'll do the rest.
Many thanks
David

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:50 pm
by SimonR
No worries, David - what's the next deadline? I'll put something else together for that.

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:22 pm
by davidr
Simon - 10th March is the deadline for the May magazine

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:51 pm
by steve_m
Hi David.

Here's a picture of my old Lister, outside the Salalah Hilton.
Many moons ago but it might fill up a space in the mag.
6.jpg

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:08 pm
by davidr
Hi Steve - thanks for that. Would you like to tell us the story? Have you got any more pictures?

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:34 pm
by davidr
Hi Everyone - thanks to those of you who responded to me plea for magazine article. You will see the results over the next few months.
However, the publishing deadline never goes away and we're currently working on material for publication in the July magazine and I need more!
Have you been out for Drive It Day? Got a few photos you'd like to share? All I need is the pictures and a few words explaining where you were when the picture was taken.
Thanks
David

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:37 pm
by davidmprobert332
Hi David,

My Celebration is going for her MOT and 60k service in mid-May...and as soon as she passes I will gladly write an article to celebrate one year of ownership (noting that it may be the first time I've owned a car for such a long period!) Cheers :-)

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:51 pm
by SimonR
I really enjoyed reading @PopRivet's article in this month's magazine about his XJ-S ownership. White also really suits the XJ-S as a colour.

@Davidr - apologies that I've not yet got back to you with the first part of my IRS rebuild. I'm working on it and will be in touch soon! The rebuild has begun finally.

Re: Magazine Articles Needed!!

Posted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:45 pm
by poprivet
White is a forgiving colour, plus any stonechips can be touched up with Tipex :D