Newby Hall car festival

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

cabriolet

Member
Posts:159
Joined:Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:04 pm
Location:York
Newby Hall car festival

Postby cabriolet » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:32 pm

Hi,
I am looking to take my XJS to Newby Hall on the 17th May and I can see a car entry form on the JEC site which includes up to 4 people in the car for a fee of £10. Can anyone please let me know if this is for the general public to see the cars on show or alternatively entering a classic car.

cabriolet

Member
Posts:159
Joined:Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:04 pm
Location:York

Re: Newby Hall car festival

Postby cabriolet » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:01 am

I have managed to get a reply from JEC and apparently Jags are directed into one area, other classic cars in another and visitor cars in a separate car park. They ask you to register your passenger, and give their e-mail address, which is the 1st time I have had do this at a classic car show. Looking forward to visiting Newby Hall as the closest I have been to this venue is the Ripon racecourse classic car show. I have had confirmation that I have been booked in and assume that my companion and I will receive an official ticket before going to the venue. You can apply to enter your car in a special category, if you think it stands out in some way, for instance the XJ-SC that was owned by Princess Diane. I have entered mine as it was one of the earliest XJ-SCs built in 1983 and is a rare manual car that was originally built as a LHD for the US market. As the US preferred the V12 automatics my car was amongst about 60 cars that were factory converted to a RHD. There are obvious signs where the larger front direction indicators are still there and a blanking plate on the passenger door where the wing mirror adjusters were originally positioned. I do not expect to be included in this category, but as a Jaguar car owner you always think your own car is special.
Hope to see some of you at this venue.
Regards
Alan

cabriolet

Member
Posts:159
Joined:Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:04 pm
Location:York

Re: Newby Hall car festival

Postby cabriolet » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:34 am

With the Coronavirus having a changing effect on certain events, we obviously at this stage do not know if this will effect classic car shows. Hopefully this will not effect open air events as it is easier to give the recommended 2 metre distance from other people. You would hope that any enclosed catering facilities would give good signage to remind people to wash their hands and possibly provide sanitiser at the entrance. The latest advise to isolate for a week with either a high temperature or a prolonged cough should be taken seriously to anyone in this category not to attend. The difficulty with classic car shows is that in the main the people who attend are mainly an older generation so the risk is increased for them. I do hope that events do proceed and people that attend listen to the latest advise given.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests